Russian Companies: Compliance risk assessment for doing business in Russia and abroad, development, evaluation and implementation of internal compliance policies.
Foreign companies: Identification and mitigation of compliance risks in Russia and other CIS countries.
Successful foreign business in the CIS region can be hardly run without a comprehensive ongoing risk-assessment of the national regulatory framework, local subsidiaries, and business partners.
Real Estate and Land Legal Consulting
- Formulating Real Estate Contracts.
- Properties’ taxes and legal minimization of the taxes.
- Due diligence of property’s rights
CORPORATE COMPLIANCE AND ANTI-CORRUPTION
– Due diligence and law screening.
i. pre-M&A due diligence/ post-M&A integration of acquired company’s compliance program
ii. Risk-based – employees – 3rd parties
– Development/ strengthening of a corporate compliance program.
– Risk assessment
– Evaluation/ strengthening of whistleblowing protection
– Development of training materials for anti-corruption seminars with employees and 3rd parties.
INVESTIGATIONS INCLUDING ASSET TRACING, RECOVERY, AND LITIGATION. COUNTRY PROFILES
– Country Risks mapping.
– Country integrity law-screening (Taxation, Customs, Administrative procedures and Land Law).
– Political risk survey in Central Asia, Latin America and Middle East Countries including Turkey and Israel.
DENIS PRIMAKOV, PhD in Law (Moscow office)
2012-2016 worked as a chief lawyer at Transparency International Russia, co-authored a wide range of international reports. Since 2014 he has been an international expert for OSCE and the World Bank. He is an author several books including “Law in Modern Egypt” and “History of Israeli Law” and co-author “Obstacles for asset recovery“.
LENA LAZAREVA, LLM (UC Davis) (American office)
Lеna’s interests focus on corporate compliance, conflict of interest, corporate social responsibility, anti-bribery regulations of the USA, Latin American and Caribbean countries.
AZIZ BAGADIROV, M.P.Adm. (MSU, HSE)
Aziz is a member of UNODC Anti-Corruption Academic Initiative. His interests include codes of ethics, conflict of interest, and corruption.
SOFIIA PARENT, PhD in Law (HSE)
Since 2011 invested in the anti-corruption research. In this role she interned within UNODC, CoE (GRECO), IACA, TI-Ru and RAI. Sofiia specializes in legal research and preparation of evaluation reports.
Fields of expertise: criminalization, codes of conduct, PePs, corruption risks. Her primary interest focuses on post-USSR and SEE countries.